Chickpeas – 2 cans
Green peas – 2 cups (frozen peas are OK)
Vegetable stock – 4 cups
Canola oil – 1 tbsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Minced ginger – 1 tsp
Minced garlic – 1 tsp
Pureed tomato – 1 can
Salt – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Red chillies – 2 deseeded (or to taste)
Coriander leaves – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in pot over medium flame.
2. Once hot, add turmeric, minced ginger and garlic, and pureed tomatoes, in that order.
3. Mix well and add 1 tsp of salt and cook until the oil begins to separate from the mixture.
4. Add garam masala and chillies and stir.
5. Take a potato masher and gently mash some of the chickpeas, and then add to pot.
6. Add stock and chopped coriander leaves, and bring to boil.
7. Simmer over medium heat until sauce reaches desired thickness.
8. Serve hot with rice, chapatis or rotis, and cold beer.