Laidlaw College in Auckland is seeking a Senior Lecturer in Mission Studies for its School of Theology, Mission & Ministry:
The Lecturer will be responsible for teaching in mission and contextual studies, ensuring that courses are developed and delivered in ways that are faithful to the Gospel of Christ, culturally incisive, and grounded in a biblical understanding of God’s missional purposes for Aotearoa New Zealand, the nations of the Pacific region, Asia and the world. They will also be actively involved in the College’s community and will lead the College’s Centre for Cross Cultural Mission (C3M).
The desired candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant area of research
- Significant missional experience
- Active involvement in a local Christian community of faith and in Christian initiatives in the wider global community
- Ability to publish papers and present research at academic conferences
- Experience in teaching within a tertiary education provider
- Experience mentoring students and providing pastoral care
- Understanding of recent developments in the theological and general tertiary education sectors nationally and internationally
- Experience and/or willingness to utilise e-Learning pedagogies and technologies
This position is a permanent full-time (1.0 FTE) position.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Natalie Tims, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and request an application pack. Application packs include an application form related to your previous experience and theological principles, a Statement of Faith and a five-year Professional Development Research plan. Application packs must be submitted by Friday 2 May, 2014.
You can read the Job Description here.